Mar 12 2015
In today’s world of security breaches, it is important that you change the password to your e-mail account frequently. There are people who change it every week, sometimes more often even! Well, you can never be too safe so it is a good thing. Changing your password when you enter the Gmail.com login page is fairly simple. If you want to keep your account safe, you should definitely reset you password on a regular basis.
Resetting Your Gmail Password
If you are still not sure how to reset your Gmail password, here is a quick guide to help you out. The steps are simple so you will be able to do it without any problems after one try. Here are the steps that need to be taken to reset your password:
- First and foremost, you obviously need to log on to your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon that you will see on the right-hand corner on top of your screen.
- The next step is to click on the Settings tab.
- At the top, you will see “Accounts and Imports” among the options available. Click on that.
- Now, click on “Change password”.
- In this section, you will need to enter the current password that you are using. You will also need to type in your new password twice to confirm it. Remember that you cannot use an old password again once you have made changes. Keep in mind that the Gmail password you choose should have eight characters.
- Once you have completed typing in your new password, click on “Change password” and you are done!
As mentioned earlier, resetting your password does not take much time at all. All you need to do is click on the correct options and type in your new password two times. Remember to use one that you will not forget easily. But then, even if you do, you can change it again in just a few minutes.
Resetting Your Password from the Login Page
If you need to reset your Gmail login password because you have forgotten it, you can easily do so from the login page. Here is how:
- First, click on “Need help?” below the login box.
- Click on “I don’t know my password” when you are on the next page.
- Click on “I don’t know” on the next page.
- Now, you will see options to recover your password. You can either choose to receive an SMS or an e-mail on your secondary e-mail.
- A verification code will be sent to you.
- Once you enter the code, you can reset the password to your Google account.
- Type in your new password and then click on “Reset password”.
Whether you want to reset your Gmail password for security reasons or because you have forgotten it, you can reset it with ease. It is easy to do as the steps are pretty straightforward. You can change it as often as you wish!